26 September 2011

Gifts

One of my friends daughters recently had her christening.
This threw me in a panic...what to buy.
Trouble is i like my gifts to be different and notice that alot of babies get the same sort of gifts at these events.
I noticed on the Folksy forum that a lady had posted one of her new creations and it reminded me of her shop:
Clootielugs
I love her sweet birds and decided this would be the perfect gift:
 I added a tag around the foot: Front had a chipboard letter of the baby intial, back had who the gift was from.
Put it in a pretty gift box and done!

When ordering the above bird, another colourful one caught my eye.
As soon as saw it knew it would make perfect birthday cake topper for my Mother in law:
A close up of the tags added to the feet:

(A is for Angela.)
The wire feet means it will stand perfectly on it's own and as the bird is very light it sits nicely on the cake.
(not homemade as we wanted it to be edible)

Clootielugs sell bride and groom birds which would look great on top of a wedding cake or as table decorations, place settings for the top table, the ideas go on and on....
---------------------------------------------
Right as it's Monday that must mean:
Meet me on a Monday
 
* listening to:
still on the Oc soundtracks.
* watching:
red Bull X fighters.
* meeting:
sons new form teacher.
* eating:
Ben & Jerrys cookie dough ice cream - Thanks hubby :o)
* loving:
my toddler laughing out loud at Little Robots.
* reading:
new Mollie Makes
* dreaming of:
not sitting at traffic lights for school run.
* drinking:
(as always) a good cuppa.
* learning:
patience.
* remembering:
to take lunch box to playschool this week.

Pop over and add your Mondays list to the linky...

7 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a great idea, it's always better to be different!
Have a good week and thanks so much for visiting my blog.
Katie x

Mrs A. said...

Great idea. Lovely for a christening or even a new baby. Hugs Mrs A.

famfa said...

What lovely different presents. Well done for finding them - gorgeous. Love cookie dough ice cream

Harborough Dad said...

Thanks for joining in with MMOM again. Glad to hear that it is not just me that keeps forgetting to pick up the packed lunches on the rush out the door! Thanks too for sharing the Little Birds, they are fab and what a good idea to use them as cake toppers.

Loving your new-look blog too by the way.

Have a great week.

Jumbleberries xx

Lin said...

A great idea! I love looking out for something different too.

Linda

dandelion said...

lovely birds from clootielugs, I can't believe I hadn't favourited her shop! All rectified now though.

Kate x

Debbie said...

Fabby idea for a cake topper! There are all sorts of possibilities with that!