28 November 2011

A jam jar...

Firstly, again, I apologize for lack of posts and comments on other blogs at the moment, illness seems to be taking over at the moment :o(

I was recently out enjoying a meal with some friends and we got to talking about sauces and how we make our own - from jars of course!
This started talk of recycling the said jars.
I love jars especially if they are a different shape or size to your average jam jar. I find it hard to throw them away so I replied: "I keep them"
My friend looked at me and asked "What do you do with them??"

(image found on google)

So here goes ...
* for painting (and the water for brush cleaning)
* one sits on my craft desk with my glue in (I once attended a workshop and was told to keep a mixture of pva & water best advice EVER)
* fill them with mini knick knacks, stocking filler toys or sweets...decorate and give as gifts
* a penny pot
* when first started scrapbooking I gave my younger brother a jar and asked him to find bits and pieces. It was amazing what he collected: buckles, washers, buttons, string etc all found around his house.
* filling them with pretty things on my craft shelves
* put flowers in that children have picked
* a crafty project with Charlie...


...oh, and when I have cooked sauces and served to family the leftovers go back in the (clean) jar and stored in fridge.

Here are some great Jam jar links...
http://threads-of-a-story.blogspot.com/2011/11/problem-with-all-that-stuff.html
http://www.folksy.com/items/2563885-Childrens-Money-Jars

So what do you do with your Jam Jars? or seen any great uses for Jam Jars lately?

4 comments:

Made to Make said...

All my buttons live in jam jars (colour co-ordinated - how sad!) But my kids like to help sort them out.

Zoe said...

I also keep my button stash in jam jars :)
But lately I've been saving them for some projects I've been inspired to try out, via Pinterest. I'm hoping they'll be pretty enough to give as christmas presents x

DeesDesigns said...

I have quite a few small jars (the kind you get sandwich spread or paste in)and I use them for glitter, much easier to tip the excess back into, also use them as pen pots, candle holders & general storage. Cheap and enviroment friendly :-)

Househund said...

I fill mine with sweets and decorate them for xmas gifts