I was recently out enjoying a meal with some friends and we got to talking about sauces and how we make our own - from jars of course!
This started talk of recycling the said jars.
I love jars especially if they are a different shape or size to your average jam jar. I find it hard to throw them away so I replied: "I keep them"
My friend looked at me and asked "What do you do with them??"
(image found on google)
So here goes ...
* for painting (and the water for brush cleaning)
* one sits on my craft desk with my glue in (I once attended a workshop and was told to keep a mixture of pva & water best advice EVER)
* fill them with mini knick knacks, stocking filler toys or sweets...decorate and give as gifts
* a penny pot
* when first started scrapbooking I gave my younger brother a jar and asked him to find bits and pieces. It was amazing what he collected: buckles, washers, buttons, string etc all found around his house.
* filling them with pretty things on my craft shelves
* put flowers in that children have picked
* a crafty project with Charlie...
...oh, and when I have cooked sauces and served to family the leftovers go back in the (clean) jar and stored in fridge.
Here are some great Jam jar links...
So what do you do with your Jam Jars? or seen any great uses for Jam Jars lately?