16 February 2013

Good job my son is a patient fellow!

He collects posters, programmes, newspaper articles, basically anything related to STARLIGHT, which is owned and run by my younger brother.
He has them in various drawers in his "art" desk/unit, trouble is they become damaged easily when stored this way.
I keep saying I will make something to keep them in but in all honesty wasn't sure what, plus it never seemed to make it the top of the To Do list.
 
He has been working hard this half term and deserved the (continually) promised treat.
 
We decided, as he has so many already and it's an ongoing collection, it may be best to have something he can easily add to.
Answer: a Lever Arch folder with A4 plastic wallets.
 
Of course we had to make it the style of my journals as plain black is boring!! Luckily we had some spare programmes to use. Charlie picked the fabrics and the rest ... well, see for yourself ...
 
Front cover...

...inside front...
...inside back...
...spine...
...back cover...
 
You can't tell from these photos but the pages have been stitched onto fabric.
 
One very happy boy!
now tomorrow we need to buy some plastic wallets ...
 
I have to confess this is my second attempt as the first went BADLY wrong.
I learnt a lot from the first botched "practise". After finishing the second one wished had left red fabric whole on the front and just made the binder holes in the London fabric.
Definitely think a basic A4 folder would be easier to cover.
Main point is Charlie is a happy boy which makes me a happy mum!
 
 


1 comment:

Deanne said...

that looks fab i bet he's super happy x