1 August 2013

minifig me!!!!

It's true - Lego have made me immortal.
Although it is just pure chance as they have never met me!
What's even funnier is that the mug says shhhh as i have, much to my shame, been told to be quiet or would to have leave the library!!!
 
I often get called geek which used to bother me but i have now accepted this is who i am: Geek!
(as is Pharell so I'm in good company!)
Part of the reason i have been called this is due to my love of books.
This is no secret but very few people know how large my collection is.
Today i am going to give you a peek into my crazy book world.
 
Just a peek mind!
 
this little pile is my
"important" books ...
 
...little fun sewing books...
 
...sewing tutorial books...
Tucked in this pile is a charity shop gem...
 
REAL SIMPLE SOLUTIONS
if you get the chance to see a copy of this book it's worth it. 
It has saved me in many "oh no" scenarios as it shows you what to use in place of everyday objects.
A quick peek...
 
...some ultra cool books...
Plus exciting news *** Print&Pattern Children is coming out this year!!
 
I LOVE it when you take off a dust jacket and see a great cover underneath.
Like this fab one hiding under the dust jacket of Etc...
 
...Lynne Perella books...
 Love her style and would love to be this free in my craft.
 
...scrapbooking books.
LOVE the Autumn Leaves Designing with range.
Can you tell??
 
Remember the dolls house
It's being used to store
...my Mollie Makes collection...
...the roof has my mini collection of childrens books.
A great distraction for Alfie!
 
This fun little book has lots of easy, fun, printing activities.
Reminds me a bit of my Nursery Nurse days -  activity planning...
 
This is a great educational book on how we get cotton...
 
This is just part of my collection of crafting books.
I haven't even touched on my collection of rare local history books or my general bookcase.
My children have their own bookcases in their rooms and a general one on the landing. In fact every room in our house has books in it and i love seeing my boys sitting looking at them.
Especially when Alfie asks me to read his favourite one or Charlie tells me he has a new title that he wants to own.
 
 You can never have too many books.
Also my love of books is the reason I only recycle damaged books.

3 comments:

Deanne said...

omgoodness! cant wait to see your whole book collection x

Househund said...

I'm still laughing at the Lego
hahahahahhahaha

It IS you !!!!

Househund said...

Now I've stopped laughing ... I can say that you most Certainly are NOT a Geek... but the lego does look like you:o)